Wake me up before you go go

Waking up and getting going in the morning used to be so easy for me. I was an early riser as a child. Probably because I always had nightmares and the thought of sleeping for a minute longer was torture. As an adult however, I'm late to bed and semi-early to rise. Having two small boys doesn't offer much in the way of rest. So when they start jumping on my bed or begging for cereal, I have no choice but to get up.

I don't drink caffeine because I use to suffer from panic attacks, and the caffeine only made me more anxious. I do however drink decaf coffee. For some reason the trace amounts of caffeine do wonders for me. Almost makes me sound like Steve Zahn from Riding In Cars With Boys. "I just can't quit ok? So you can't hold it against me if its impossible. All I need is just a little bit to keep me straight."

In addition to my decaf coffee addiction, I also of course turn to my essential jems for support. I have found Tangerine to be incredibly helpful in boosting my energy and uplifting my mood. All I do is apply 1-2 drops to the bottoms of my feet. I will warn you though that if you do drink the normal amount of caffeine and use tangerine, it can give you so much excess energy that you do expirence a "jittery" feeling. 

One of my favorite blends is the Encouraging blend, because it is a mixture of mint and citrus essential oils. It also has basil which supports adrenal health. A lot of people suffer from adrenal issues. So if that's you, you're going to really love this blend.* 

Peppermint  and Wild Orange  is also a great combo to put some pep in your step. An easy way to use these is by placing 1 drop of each in the palm of your hands, rub your hands together, cup around your face, and inhale deeply. Be sure to avoid direct contact with the eyes. You can then rub the excess oil from your hands onto your chest, back of neck, or bottoms of the feet. I recommend diluting the excess with a carrier oil such as Fractionated coconut oil to prevent any skin sensitivities. This also improves absorption and will stretch your oils even further, all without diluting the effectiveness. 

I'm sure through your own essential oils usage you will find your own blends that will become your favorites. When you do, share them with others. 

*for more info on andrenal health and support, please click "purchase your oils here" and contact me through my website. 

I also encourage diluting all of your oils for the reasons I mentioned above. It is way more cost effective, and provides a barrier which allows the essential oil more time to absorb into the skin. Of course the most important reason is prevention of skin sensitivity reactions. Essential oils are very safe and effective when used properly.

When using citrus oils, please avoid direct sunlight and UV rays for up to 12 hours after topical application. Citrus oils are photosensitive, and could cause skin discoloration as well as irritation and discomfort.

The above statements have not been approved by the FDA. In no way is this to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent illness. This information is not intended to replace the care of a doctor but should be considered as only additional information. 

Comments

Popular Posts