The stay up late mom






 I am what I like to call the “stay up late mom”. What does that mean exactly? It means that all day long I have two (sometimes 3 people if you count my husband) putting demands on me. Not out of selfishness, but out of necessity. You see I seem to be the only person capable of making the perfect gluten free macaroni and cheese. Or the only person with the skill set to find pajamas in the same drawer every night. Or maybe it’s because I have an oil for every discomfort someone can think of. I’m the “make everything “seem” or “feel” better mom.

As you can imagine, this leaves little time for myself. So when everyone is sleeping, I find myself awake, soaking in the silence. I should be sleeping. I know this. But I just want to absorb all that is...not going on. Then when it’s time to shut my brain off and finally let go for the night, I have a hard time. So I turn to my essential oils. I love using bergamot for relaxation. Seeing as how it has sedative properties, it gets my nervous system tucked in for a restful night. Frankincense is also very helpful for calming and relaxing, especially the mind. Patchouli is another favorite in our house for turning off the mind chatter.

Once I get all relaxed and start to drift, there comes a little kid climbing in my bed, shortly followed by another one. Finally I drift to sleep surrounded by love...and little kicking feet.

Comments

Popular Posts